Child Development QQI Level 6 course
Exclusive Kilroy's College Discount - 50% OFF
Private Tutor: Yes
Duration: 12 weeks
With this QQI Child Development home study course you will become knowledgeable, skilled and competent in the theory and practice of child development.
Interested in a Career in Childcare?
The skills and knowledge measured by the QQI Child Development assessment project and examination were derived from an industry-wide and worldwide job task analysis. Earning the QQI Component Certificate proves that a candidate has a broad base of competency in the theory and practice of child development.
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence relevant to the theory and practice of child development when working autonomously and with others in Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) settings.
Child Development Course Award
Child Development is one of the mandatory modules required for obtaining the Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Care and Education. This module is a statement of the standards to be achieved to gain a minor award in Child Development at Level 6 (QQI component certificate 6N1942) with Credit Value 15.
Who will Benefit from a Child Development QQI Course?
This course is ideal for childcare facility owners, managers, supervisors and individuals already involved in or new to childcare and who wish to gain a professional, nationally recognised and accredited qualification in childcare.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites:
- QQI Level 5 Childcare Certificate / Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualification in a related field and/or relevant life or work experience. Please contact the College for requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
- Learners must be currently either working or have access to work experience (can be voluntary) in an Early Childhood Care and Education setting for a minimum of 20 hours, during the course, as assignments will require learners to draw upon practical experience to complete activities.
- Learners must be resident in Ireland and hold a valid PPS Number.
- Learners must be fluent in English with excellent written English skills to complete this course. Learners for whom English is not their first language will be required to provide evidence of meeting a minimum English language and literacy competency of B2 in writing, reading, listening, and speaking on the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
- Learners must have basic IT skills and access to computer equipment with internet access and word processing software which is required to undertake the course.
- The course is delivered through distance/blended learning therefore learners should be capable of studying independently and on their own initiative.
Qualification and Progression
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a QQI Level 6 Component Certificate in Child Development (6N1942) from QQI.
This level 6 component certificate may be used as a credit towards following the QQI Major Award Level 6 Early Childhood Care and Education (6M2007).
Get a FREE Child Development QQI Level 6 brochure
I just wanted to say thank you so much for all your encouragement and good advice all through this process. I really appreciated it. I really enjoyed taking on this course and I know it will be of great benefit to me in the future.
Siobhan D. Student no. CC27463
The tutors were excellent in the extreme.
Christopher K. Student no. 2LH8160
I feel an awful lot more confident having completed my course. I feel encouraged and inspired to continue.
Elizabeth C. Student no. CWA9256
I've achieved something I have always wanted to do.
Colette E. Student no. CCA10844
The biggest effect Kilroy's College has had on my life is in giving me a foothold in the Education system and in enabling me to progress within it.
Akaraygo A. Student no. BM 12935
I am very happy with my course.
Justina J. Student no. BMA 12281
Private Tutor: Yes
Duration: 12 weeks
Request your free Kilroy's College prospectus here.REQUEST PROSPECTUS