CIW Web Security course
Cyber Week Exclusive Deals - 10% OFF
Dive into network security with this comprehensive course that takes students on a journey through the importance of securing a network, as well as teaching students how to do it.
Duration: 160 hours
Who should do this Web Security Course?
This course is specifically designed to suit any individual that works or wants to work within the network security field. Whether network security is of paramount importance as part of your current role, or as part of a prospective one, studying this course would be valuable training for anyone working in network or IT support - or a business owner looking to learn how to protect their own online systems.
- Network server administrators
- Firewall administrators
- Systems administrators
- Application developers
- IT security officers
What Does the Course Cover?
The key learning points of this course are:
- Appreciate why it's essential to have effective network security in place, and learn more about what elements of a network need to be secure, as well as how this can be achieved.
- Get to grips with some of the encryption methods used in internetworking, and how these are effective.
- Learn how to create effective solutions to ensure your business' network is as safe and secure as possible.
- Identify the various threats that may arise, and how these can be tackled with the correct application of security principles.
- Learn more about firewalls, the types available, and what they can be used for, and when.
- Understand what is needed to plan and install a firewall system that responds to security breaches and protects the network, as it should.
- Course covers all elements needed to pass the included exam.
- The Official CIW Curriculum coursebook includes narrative instruction, technical term definitions, exam objective callouts, hands-on labs, study and assessment resources, application projects and real-world case studies.
- eLearning resources - movie clips that provide supplementary instruction in a multimedia format, interactive instructional activities, Course Mastery questions to assess your knowledge of the concepts.
- Virtual Labs - designed to reinforce students learning and demonstrate their new skills
- Exam Study Guide - provide focused study for students preparing to take high-stakes CIW certification exams
- Online Pre-Assessment Test and Practice Exams to assess the students' knowledge of specific exam objectives
To take the exam you must attend an approved test centre. To source a test centre near you can visit http://www.pearsonvue.com/CIW. The approximate fee for the test, which is paid directly to the drop in testing centre is €130.
Remember, you can complete this CIW Web Security course within 12 months of enrolling. So take the first step by contacting us today!
I've achieved something I have always wanted to do.
Colette E. Student no. CCA10844
The biggest effect Kilroy's College has had on my life is in giving me a foothold in the Education system and in enabling me to progress within it.
Akaraygo A. Student no. BM 12935
I feel an awful lot more confident having completed my course. I feel encouraged and inspired to continue.
Elizabeth C. Student no. CWA9256
The tutors were excellent in the extreme.
Christopher K. Student no. 2LH8160