Supervision in Early Childhood Care QQI Level 6 course
Private Tutor: Yes
Duration: 12 weeks
Study our Supervision in Early Childhood Care distance learning course and you will acquire key skills to effectively supervise and manage an early childhood education setting.
The objective of this distance learning QQI accredited childcare course is to provide you with opportunities to acquire the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to effectively supervise an early childhood education and care setting. The course aims to promote good practice, equality and respect for diversity in early childhood education and care.
Supervision in Early Childhood Care Course Details
Learners who successfully complete this course will:-
- Evaluate the key concepts, principles and practice in leadership, supervision and or line management within the ECCE setting
- Analyse the role and responsibilities of a supervisor in an ECCE setting and the key attributes and skills required, to include communication, time management, organisational skills and knowledge of current legislation and best practice guidelines
- Explain the role of the supervisor in an ECCE setting in implementing best practice and in establishing, maintaining and continuously improving standards and quality
- Select processes to motivate and support team members in achieving agreed actions
- Implement a range of organisational policies and procedures in an ECCE setting ensuring adherence to best practice and guidelines
- Utilise a range of supervisory skills to supervise staff in an ECCE setting.
An experienced Kilroy's College tutor will help you to progress, at your own pace, through each study unit. The programme is delivered online or by post. It is an entirely flexible way of learning and you can literally study this childcare course from anywhere and at a time that suits you.
Who is this Supervision in Early Childhood Care course for?
This course is suitable for childcare facility owners, managers, supervisors and individuals already involved in or new to childcare who wish to gain a professional, nationally recognised and accredited qualification in childcare through distance learning.
- Successful completion of a programme leading to a level 5 QQI minor or major Childcare Certificate / Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualification in a related field and/or relevant life or work experience. Please contact the College for requirements surrounding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for entry.
- Learners must be currently either working or have access to work experience (can be voluntary) in an Early Childhood Care and Education setting for a minimum of 20 hours, during the course, as assignments will require learners to draw upon practical experience to complete activities.
- Ability to demonstrate the levels of knowledge, skill and competence associated with NFQ level 6.
- Learners must hold a valid PPS Number.
- Be able to read, draft, prepare, understand and process information across a broad range of topics.
- Learners must be fluent in English with excellent written English skills to complete this course. Learners for whom English is not their first language will be required to provide evidence of meeting a minimum English language and literacy competency of B2 in writing, reading, listening, and speaking on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL).
- Be self-motivated and have the capacity to share the responsibility for their own learning.
- Be able to complete the self-directed hours of learning in the form of practice time, preparation, study time and reflection time.
- Available to attend scheduled online webinars and participate in all programme-related activities.
- Learners must be competent and confident in an online learning environment and have access to a laptop/PC/suitable mobile device with a functioning camera and audio and sufficient internet speed and strength.
Qualification and progression
On successful completion of this course you will receive a QQI Level 6 Component Certificate in Supervision in Early Childhood Care (6N1973) from QQI.
This Supervision in Early Childhood Care QQI Level 6 course leads to a level 6 Minor award on the National Framework of Qualifications. On successful completion of this course students may use this level 6 credit (credit value - 15) towards a QQI Major Award Level 6 Early Childhood Care and Education (6M2007).
The Quality & Qualifications Ireland (QQI) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. Kilroy's College is registered with QQI to provide courses leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications.
I just wanted to say thank you so much for all your encouragement and good advice all through this process. I really appreciated it. I really enjoyed taking on this course and I know it will be of great benefit to me in the future.
Siobhan D. Student no. CC27463
The tutors were excellent in the extreme.
Christopher K. Student no. 2LH8160
The biggest effect Kilroy's College has had on my life is in giving me a foothold in the Education system and in enabling me to progress within it.
Akaraygo A. Student no. BM 12935
I am very happy with my course.
Justina J. Student no. BMA 12281
I feel an awful lot more confident having completed my course. I feel encouraged and inspired to continue.
Elizabeth C. Student no. CWA9256
I've achieved something I have always wanted to do.
Colette E. Student no. CCA10844