Leaving Cert Study Tips
Leaving Certificate Study tips
- Concentrate on previous examination questions. Then write synopsised answers in bullet point format, for maximum memorability and speedier revision.
- Early each morning in the period leading up to the start of your examination review the past questions using your short synopsised answers.
- Remember to spread your remaining time as economically as possible over your range of subjects, neglecting none, but balance your time as best you can.
- It is better to concentrate on what you know now. Don't try to cram new material into your brain at this stage.
- Give yourself the best possible chance of arriving for each examination feeling as well physically as you can. This means having a good refreshing sleep the night before and three good, nutritious meals each day throughout. Remember to take time out, at least an hour each day, to relax and to get some exercise, preferably outdoors.
- Make sure that you have the basics covered e.g. pens, pencils, erasers, rulers etc...
- Avoid unnecessary stress by making sure that you will be there on time for each of your examinations and that your meals are properly planned and ready for you in good time.
- Prepare your examination timetable and ask your parents to check it with you and make sure that they are aware of all your examination times. Make sure that you are not solely depending on an alarm clock to wake you on the morning of any examination. Devise a failsafe method with your parents to ensure that you are up in time to prepare, to eat a good breakfast and to be in the examination hall in good time, fresh and relaxed and more than ready to do yourself justice.
- Remember to find some time to relax and unwind with your friends in between your times of study.
- Pace yourself during the pre-examination and examination periods so as to make sure stress is kept to a minimum and that you are as relaxed as you can be under the circumstances.