CompTIA A+ course
About our course
Interested in a career in IT?
The skills and knowledge measured by the CompTIA A+ exams were derived from an industry-wide and worldwide job task analysis. Earning CompTIA A+ certification proves that a candidate has a broad base of knowledge and competency in core hardware and operating system technologies including installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and basic networking.
Supported by Kilroy's College throughout
With Kilroy's College gaining that vital certification is made as flexible as possible. Kilroy's College is dedicated to helping you learn computing skills through well structured and interactive course material. Our computer based training courses allow you to study in your own home at a pace that suits you. Working alongside leading software developers, Kilroy's College provides you with a course focused on a career in today's workplace.
Frequently asked questions
Can anybody take this course
Yes, anyone who wants to learn more about PC Repair and servicing. Ideally you should have 6 months on the job experience before sitting the A+ exams, however you can start the training without any prior experience. You will need to own or have access to a PC as the course is a computer based learning programme.
How soon can I start?
Right away if you wish! This is the great advantage of home study.
What do I need to do this course?
This is an online course delivered over the internet so you will need to own or have access to a PC or tablet computer and the internet.
What is CompTIA?
The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) is the world's largest developer of vendor-neutral IT certification exams. Experts and industry leaders from the public and private sectors work with CompTIA to develop broad-based exams that validate an individual's IT skill set.
If you'd like a career as a PC Technician, Help Desk Technician or PC Support specialist, then our CompTIA A+ course is the ideal distance learning course for you. Our CompTIA A+ course will give you good overall competence in the following areas.
- Hardware Fundamentals
- Hardware Installation and Configuration
- Printers, Networks and Protocols
- Operating System Installation
- Configuring and Managing Operating Systems
- Troubleshooting and Preventive Maintenance
- Network Fundamentals
- The College is open all year, so you can start studying at any time.
- This CompTIA A+ course allows you the flexibility and confidentiality of studying at home without having to take time out from work or other personal commitments.
- It offers you valuable savings in time and transportation because you complete your entire course from home.
- At Kilroy's College there are no age limits, no need for previous study and there is no pressure to go any faster than you wish to.
- Once enrolled, you will receive everything that you need to get started in your student study pack.
Remember, you can complete this course within six months of enrolling. So take your first step by contacting us now - you won't regret it!
Please note that our current A+ course prepares students for CompTIA A+ Core Series (Exam 220-1001 & 220-1002) exams.