European Association of Distance Learning
The objectives of the EADL are to:
- Promote learning, wherever and however it occurs.
- Promote the use of all media to facilitate and enhance the learning process, and to increase its geographical and societal spread.
- Improve the acceptance of distance learning to achieve parity of esteem with other forms of education.
- Promote research into the methods of distance learning.
- Promote open discussion of strategy in the business, marketing, and educational aspects of distance learning within an environment in which commercial sensitivities are respected.
- Share ideas and good practice, and explore projects and partnerships, with trusted colleagues aware of each other's needs and aspirations.
- Promote quality and professional and ethical standards in distance learning.
- Gather and communicate information about new developments in distance learning.
- Maintain contacts with and co-operate with the European Commission, national government agencies and non-governmental educational organisations and networks, and other bodies directly or indirectly interested in distance learning.
- Promote and protect the interests of members and learners.
- Promote the establishment of and co-operation with national councils and associations of distance learning providers, and develop strategic partnerships with them.
- Do all other things incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects.
Links to websites of EADL members